April 18, 2014

Book Review ~ PLAY by Kylie Scott

Title: PLAY (Stage Dive, #2)
Author: Kylie Scott
Release Date: March 25th 2014
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Kylie Scott returns with the highly anticipated follow-up to international bestseller Lick.

 Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fast—at least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn’t plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn’t count on finding the one right girl. 

Anne Rollins never thought she’d ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom walls—especially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn’t end well. No matter how hot he is. 
Or could it?

Buy the Book
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | B&N
 
My Thoughts


Kylie Scott had a lot to live up to.
LICK was a phenomenal success, and PLAY excerpts had been teasing my senses for weeks, if not months on her facebook page. Making me sweat, making me pant; and definitely making me a little damp with anticipation!

PLAY stars Mal, the Stage Dive drummer and the quietly reserved Anne – a strapped for cash neighbour to rock star wife Ev’s brother and bestfriend. Contemplating a crappy night in after being shafted by her roommate, Anne gets invited to a Stage Dive party. So with great reluctance, Anne accepts and after a brief and star struck encounter with Mal, ends up playing his girlfriend – every fan girls dream!

In true Kylie Scott form – the writing is smooth and makes for an effortless read, the story is well written and sexy, with plenty of sexual tension, snarky one liners and of course, hot rock star sex! I simply could not put PLAY down, I LOVED IT!
If I wanted t be overly picky I might mention that due to the heavy nature of some of the plot (no spoilers) I felt that Mal lost a little of his carefree, mouthy, sarcastic, joker-boy antics that had me falling for him in LICK. However, it (the heavy situation) brought out a soft, vulnerable side to his character that made me fall for him all the harder! So there was nothing to fault after all!

Kylie Scott has been keeping me in a constant state of arousal with her down-to-earth, honest-to-goodness raunchy writing style for a couple of years now, and her star is only going to climb higher with the soon-to-be released LEAD (Stage Dive #3) and DEEP (Stage Dive #4) – and as a side note I must confess, the covers are majorly scrummy (hello, Alex Minsky is on the cover of DEEP!!!)

All I can really say is - bring on more Stage Dive, more sexy rockers, more of the witty banter swimming in sexual innuendos, and definitely bring on more completely consuming Kylie Scott awesomeness!!
5 Stars

 
USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...