February 21, 2014

Book Review ~ Lost Soul by T.G. Ayer


Title: Lost Soul (DarkWorld #2)
Author: T.G. Ayer
Release Date: January 30th 2014
Publisher:
Infinite Ink
Source: Received from the author for an honest review



With her sister missing and her mother and Anjelo stuck in the Wraith World, Kai must find a way to save them all. But the Wraith poison has brought her to her knees and only Logan's fire can help ease her pain.

Uncertain who to rescue first, Kai's decision is made for her when she discovers her sister Greer is stuck in the Greylands and slowly going insane. Desperate to save her, Kai will go to incredible lengths to obtain a portal key to the land of the dead - and maybe, she’ll go one step too far.

From deathtalkers to demons, trackers to ghosts, Kai must fight against betrayal and evade the clutches of danger to set her sister free. Can she save Greer from a horrific death - and will she ever be able to forgive herself if she can’t? 




Book #2 in the DarkWorld series picks up from where Book #1 finished and although Kailin is injured and recuperating from the vicious injuries she received in Skin Deep; it’s not long before she is again thrown into the fray.

With a little help from her old friends and some new, it is Kai’s job once more to save those she loves from danger. Finding herself in an unknown plain she has to trust her new sidekick and a nervous ghost to have her back, and help her return before she is completely lost to the Wraith poisoning.

Now although I thought Lost Soul was a little slow to start compared to Skin Deep, it did pick up quickly, and once the full on action started, it really was an exciting read.

With lots of new characters to weigh up, and hoping for the reappearance of some who were missing, Lost Soul was another all consuming read. I was yet again sucked up into a world of magical beings, alternative plains of existence, and an ever-changing enemy who would love nothing more than to see Kai die.

A few unforeseen plot twists and a sexy kiss or two, mixed with some kick ass action and witty banter make for another awesome trip into the DarkWorld. I can’t wait to see what is in store for this crazy motley crew of paranormals in the next book. 5 stars.


I have been a writer from the time I was old enough to recognise that reading was a doorway into my imagination. Poetry was my first foray into the art of the written word. Books were my best friends, my escape, my haven. I am essentially a recluse but this part of my personality is impossible to practise given I have two teenage daughters, who are actually my friends, my tea-makers, my confidantes… I am blessed with a husband who has left me for golf. It’s a fair trade as I have left him for writing. We are both passionate supporters of each other's loves – it works wonderfully…

My heart is currently broken in two. One half resides in South Africa where my old roots still remain, and my heart still longs for the endless beaches and the smell of moist soil after a summer downpour. My love for Ma Afrika will never fade. The other half of me has been transplanted to the Land of the Long White Cloud. The land of the Taniwha, beautiful Maraes, and volcanoes. The land of green, pure beauty that truly inspires. And because I am so torn between these two lands – I shall forever remain cross-eyed.


~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...