January 9, 2014

Book Review ~ Reaver by Larissa Ione


Title: Reaver
(Lords of Deliverance #5)
Author: Larissa Ione
Release Date:
December 17th 2013
Publisher:
Grand Central Publishing
Source: Received from the publisher via NetGalley


WARRIOR OF HEAVEN

Reaver is an angel with a past, a record, and a less-than-heavenly attitude. Powerful enough to fight alongside the fiercest battle angels-and crazy enough to risk his wings on a one-way mission to hell-he's agreed to go where no angel has ever gone before...to steal the most seductive and dangerous prize of Satan himself.

ANGEL OF HELL

Harvester is one of the Fallen, a once-heroic angel who sacrificed her wings to work as an undercover agent in hell. But now her cover has been blown, and she's been doomed to an eternity of agonizing torture. Even if Reaver can snatch her away from Satan's lair, even if they can fight their way out of the underworld's darkest depths, there is one thing Harvester can never escape-her newfound thirst for an angel's blood...

My Thoughts

I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was expecting a little more from Reaver by Larissa Ione. Because with such a long history to their love/hate relationship, I was anticipating a whole lot of fireworks and tension to be present between Reaver and Harvester. However, I found the first half of the book – while nearly all based in Sheol (Hell) – rather tame and restrained.

I just wanted so much more pain, torture and pure evil that is associated with Satan, Lucifer and Hell, to be rained down on Harvester and Reaver! I also felt that Harvester lost what little bitchiness she had in this book all too quickly and easily and Reaver… Reaver didn’t feel like the Reaver I’ve come to know. He felt like a shadow of his former awesomeness!

However, the second half of the book picked up quite a bit (thank God!)
I loved re-visiting characters from the Demonica series; I loved the interactions and excitement I always feel with the Horsemen and when it was all said and done, I ended up loving Reaver!

Larissa Ione made it work; she came through at the end. Reaver and Harvester got their HEA (of sorts) and Heaven and Earth were saved (for now)

And with so many secrets revealed, little hints at things to come, I can happily sweat it out and speculate about the next book in this great series (roll on May 2014!) 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...