January 17, 2013

Book Review: Keeper of the Night by Heather Graham

Title: Keeper of the Night (The Keepers: L.A. #1)
Author: Heather Graham
Release Date: December 18th 2012
Publisher: Harlequin
Source: Received from the publisher via NetGalley


In their new Keeper roles, these extraordinary women must balance the fate of the world with their desires…

New Keeper Rhiannon Gryffald has her peacekeeping duties cut out for her—because in Hollywood, it’s hard to tell the actors from the werewolves, bloodsuckers and shape-shifters. Then Rhiannon hears about a string of murders that bear all the hallmarks of a vampire serial killer, and she must confront her greatest challenge yet. Together with Elven detective Brodie McKay, they head to Laurel Canyon, epicenter of the danger, where they uncover a plot that may forever alter the face of human-paranormal relations.


My Thoughts

Sadly, Keeper of the Night did not meet my expectations of a decent read at-all.

Long winded, over complicated, rambling sentences of incoherent musings, thoughts, and feelings that go on-and-on until all you want to do is throw the book against a wall (I didn't though because it was on my Kindle!).
This book held great promise with an interesting blurb, but that's where it ended.

The prologue made me cringe with its overly preachy telling of how this world came into being and who rules it, who wants to rule it, and how all the beasties are governed. I would have rather skipped the whole history lesson and got on with a story that held all those answers within the plot.

The first few paragraphs were repetitive and boring and it felt like I was reading a manual - it was a chore.

I felt absolutely nothing for the MC's and the secondary characters irked me. The plot... was meh at best, and I found myself pretty much skim reading the second half.

I'm sad to say that this is the worst book I've read from Harlequin in a very long time.
1 star :[


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...