October 27, 2012

Book Review: Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Title: Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions #1)
Author: Louise Rozett
Release Date: August 28th 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Received from the publisher via NetGalley

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…

1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)

(Sorry. That was rude.)


My Thoughts


I have to admit I've been putting off reading this book for a while, I just kept looking at it and thinking more teenage angst, really?
Well, I started reading it in bed, and just couldn't put it down...finally finishing at 1am - what a fantastic read!

I was instantly attracted to Rose. The girl has some issues, but she's not a bad kid. The last few months have been hell for her and she just hasn't had an outlet for her feelings, hence the angry girl status.

Filled with great characters that weren't over-the-top, over exaggerated versions of teenagers that some authors have. This teenage girl was more true-to-life, dealing with actual teenage issues like raging hormones, school bullies, and inexplicable crushes. (I know what I'm talking about, my house is usually full of teenage girls, especially on weekends!!)

Did I find Rose to be a pain in the ass at times? Yes
Was I annoyed by her behaviour, the way she sometimes acts? Yes

Hello, she's a teenager - teenagers are just not right in the head!!

(again, I have first hand knowledge of this fact!)


The well scripted story and flawless writing made Confessions of an Angry Girl an easy and very enjoyable book to read - I can't wait to read Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend (bk #2) next year.

4 out of 5 stars ;]



1 comment:

  1. Wow. Flawless writing? That's a genre-busting compliment. I try to write literary fiction and highbrow poetry, but I would read anything with that kind of an endorsement. First person angst needs some goood development in order to capture the heart, but I surmise this one did.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...