July 1, 2012

Childrens Book Review: Sparkle's Song by Samantha Hale

Title: Sparkle's Song
Author: Samantha Hale
Illustrator: Mariana Ruiz Johnson
Release Date: February 2012
Publisher: Maverick Arts publishing Ltd
Source: Received from PR company for the purpose of an honest review

Aunt Millicent does not allow music in her house, so when Sparkle hears a beautiful song coming from the forest, she wants to find out where it is coming from. Following a songbird, she discovers something magical that will change her life forever. 








A special gift book with a story about the magic of music by film-maker Samantha Hale, and stunning gouache illustrations by Argentinian artist Mariana Ruiz Johnson.

My Thoughts
 

I enjoyed reading this book but my Miss 5 lost interest in it pretty early on.
The illustrations are quite lovely and the story is sweet, if a little sad.
In fact, Miss 5 got upset and almost cried because Sparkle's parents died; she lost all interest after that.
Here's what she had to say about Sparkle's Song:

"I dont like it, its sad"


"I'll look at the pictures, but no reading!"


Although I convinced her to listen to the rest of the story, it was easy to tell it wasnt a book for her.
And I got a scrunched up sourpuss face in response to asking what she thought of the book, but I liked it.
 

So its probably not a book that all kids will like, but still a good 3.5 Star read :]

LINKS

Publisher on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...