July 11, 2012

Book Review: Consumed by Rebecca Zanetti

Title: Consumed (Dark Protectors #4)
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Release Date: July 5th 2012
Publisher: Kensington
Source: Received from the publisher via NetGalley

Sometimes You Mate For Life

Katie Smith is the best of her class, part of an elite hunting force trained to eliminate werewolves from the hills of Western Virginia. She's good at it because she has the kind of focus and drive that won't back down no matter how steep the odds. Call it southern sass. Whatever it is, there's no denying her willingness to risk everything for the only man she's ever cared about--a man on the verge of losing his very humanity...

Sometimes You Mate To Stay Alive

For the past ten years Jordan Pride has dedicated his life to protecting his people from a deadly shifter virus. But in a rare moment of distraction, Jordan's guard drops just long enough for his fate to take an irreversible twist. Unless the woman he loves surrenders everything to him, again and again, under a full moon rising...

My Thoughts

Although not a bad story, there are an awful lot of story arcs to keep track of which was kind of distracting, and I got quite bogged down with a lot of details in places. The lack of story flow bored me and so I did skim over a fair chunk of it.

The main storyline was interesting, and I did like Jordan a lot
, however I didn't really think too much of Katie, she came off too whiny, and annoyed me.

There were some other really great characters in the book and I'd love to read more about them, especially Janie and her possible love triangle, I'm definitely intrigued.

Overall a good read, if a little slow for me
3.5 Stars :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...