November 8, 2011

Book Review: Silverbirch by Rob Kaay

Title: Silverbirch; A Tear in the Fabric of the Night Sky
Author: Rob Kaay
Release Date: October 31st 2009 by Robkaay Publishing
Publisher: Robkaay Publishing
Source: Received from the author for an honest review

By eating an extremely rare mushroom that has a red lightning bolt image naturally built-in to its black-gilled underbelly, Nudge discovers he can create a tear in the fabric of the night sky that will allow his soul to legally leave Earth and enter Silverbirch.

My Thoughts

This is definitely not a book I would normally read, in fact I am way out of my comfort zone here.
The characters are definitely interesting and the storyline is really original. 

A diverse group of children that live through a horrendous event, meet up again as adults to tackle the mysteries of their past, and encounter something so exceptionable, so unexplainable that they are quite literally changed forever. 

I will say that there is a lot going on in this book. 
Lots of substories and plot lines and differing P.O.V to keep the reader on his/her toes. And I really did enjoy the twist in the age old heaven/hell, angels and souls story.
I did have moments of information overload throughout and wondered if I myself had ingested some mushrooms.

Overall a well written, if mind boggling (for me anyway) story.
An enjoyable 4 Star read :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...