August 10, 2011

Book Review: A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood Series #1) by Penelope King

Title: A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood Series #1)
Author: Penelope King
Released: June 15th 2011 
Publisher: Ascension Press
Source: Received from the author for an honest review.

Some girls share clothes, a bathroom, or a bedroom. Seventeen-year-old Liora Greyson has to share, too. Only she shares her body--with a demon.

Liora just wants to survive her final year of high school unscathed, her dark secret intact. But the walls she’s carefully constructed to keep people away crack wide open once she meets the sexy and mysterious Kieron, and he lights her world on fire. She can’t let him know she transforms into Justice demon named Lucky at nightfall—a demon with an entirely separate personality who passes out Torment, Justice, and Revenge like Halloween candy.

Turns out Kieron is the one who should be afraid once Lucky discovers his true identity and motivations. Liora wants to love him, but Lucky thinks he’s public enemy number one. And having a demon with a vendetta show up during a romantic date puts a serious crimp in any relationship.

Fighting your demons is one thing. Having one that fights back, messes with your guy, and leaves you with nasty hangovers is quite another.

Being bad has never been so good....


My Thoughts


With so many YA books out there in the same genre its always refreshing and fun to find a story that has a twist unlike any other. 
And I really liked the split personality/joint entity twist in this story.

It was interesting, exciting, witty, and a really fresh take on Demons.
It was nice to see them portrayed as something other than just bad tempered, evil 'things' that need to be destroyed, although that element is in there too.

My only grumble would be that some of the chapters would end and move on to something else before I'd had my fill, leaving me wanting more.

And I do want more, much more!!
I loved Liora/Lucky, and her best friend Bones is so adorable I'm crushing *swoon*


I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in this series to she where all these great characters will go from here. 4 Stars ;]








1 comment:

  1. Good review. I may want to read this one.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...